Sunday, February 28, 2010

Spring Break

This week was our spring break. We got the whole week off, which is pretty good for the PA program. The longest break we have in the first year is two weeks for Christmas and two weeks in the summer.

We spent two days at the Outer Banks and the rest of the time around Durham. It was a great break and much needed. Now it's back to the grind. This week we finish off the Endocrinology unit then on to Neurology, GI, Geriatrics, and Dermatology. We also continue the Surgery and Behavioral Medicine units as well as history and physicals on patients in the hospital for Patient Assessment.

As a side note, here are the quotes of the week from my 2 1/2 year old:

"Dad, I think I'm getting too fat." "Why", I ask. "Because I'm watching too much movies."
Maybe we should reconsider letting her watch the Biggest Loser with us.

"I'm going to leave this tissue on my pillow incase I need to get some snot or boogers out."

1 comment:

Terra May said...

I laughed out loud at Eliza's comments. After many discussions with Aus about healthy food, he now asks if his food is healthy at every meal. Glad you guys had a good break!